Announcement

Collapse

** ANNOUNCEMENT** Club Forum - The Future

Hello everyone.

I thought it was about time I re-engaged with the forum to explain the current situation regarding my involvement with the Owners Club.

As you all know I folded the GPZ Zone and retired a year ago, (Sept 23) and since then, to my shame I have done nothing with regard to supporting the club or indeed engaging with the wider

world of GPZ 900R ownership, I'm embarrassed to confess it but frankly life has been more than busy of late and understandably over recent months my circumstances and priorities have

changed.

In November of this year, two months time, the domain upon which the owners club forum is hosted (gpz900r.org) becomes due for renewal - this presents me with a dillemma as to whether or not

to renew it. It seems that Whatsapp, Facebook and other Social Media platforms have replaced the forum model, by way of accessibility, cost and engagement.

At present it costs me about £100 a year to host the forum, fund the software licence and the domain and understandably, given my embarrasingly poor interaction with the world of GPZ

ownership of late I am questioning as to whether it is worthwhile.

It's not a given that I cease providing the platform as I am confident that at some stage in the future I will return to being active in the world of GPZ ownership - but at present, with my lack of

engagement and the prospect of spending an increasing amount of time out of the UK, it's quite a way down my list of priorities and I need to be honest about that.

I started the club 29 years ago back in 1995 and managed it's evolution throughout that period, but like the club everything else has also evolved and I need to confess that my current thoughts are

that I can no longer legitimately fulfil that role.

So I'm looking for a concensus of opinions as to whether the membership is happy to utilise the new kid on the block, (Social Media) or ideas as to who may want to take over the day to day

funding and administration of the forum - please feel free to voice them in the forum.
See more
See less

Welcome to the club

Collapse

Further instructions to join the Owners Club

Forums Topics Posts Last Post
No forums found.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
There are no conversations in this channel.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • Sort By
  • Order
Clear All
Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by MM999, 06-05-2024, 13:21
10 responses
0 likes
Last Post MadMacks